Thursday, June 8, 2017

Working too much and tack welds!

I have been working a lot here lately including weekends for some big work projects. In my day job I design Telephone systems. It pays the builds, so a necessary evil! 😀

I did mange to get both upper side panels adjusted and tack welded. I had to redo a lot of the quick work I did to get them on the boat. It is not easy moving 16 foot pieces around. I should had gotten some help, but my wife was out of town.

Once I got them adjusted, I mixed up a batch of thickened epoxy in a pastry bag and applied tack welds all the way around on the upper side panels and backseat supports. I used some denatured alcohol on my finger to smooth them out.

Below you can see a few pictures. I am not sure if I had removed the wires in the pictures, but they are gone.


Bow section tack welds. 

Inside cabin area tack welds. 

I still need to tack weld the rear cabin wall, but I wanted to adjust the location of it before.
This weekend, I plan to do the fillets over the tack welds or as much as I can. I think I might try the tape method for the fillets to catch the overflow. I tried earlier on in the build, but didn't have too much luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment