Monday, September 25, 2017

More Dorade work, Roof Cleats and Painting

Roof Deck Cleats

This past week after work, I managed to get all the roof deck cleats epoxied to the bulkheads. I made sure I cleaned up any epoxy drips a couple of times. I think they turned out fine. This week I plan to start with the block plane shaping them for the roof deck, which I also glued together with a butt joint.

Roof Cleats epoxied and curing. 



Dorade Boxes
Below are the Dorade Boxes with the roof cleats. I still need to add the blocking on the inside for the mooring cleats that will be installed later on the outside.

Dorade Box cleats epoxied and curing.  



Below may be difficult to see, but I applied some fiberglass tape on the insides of the dorade boxes at the joints as well as a piece of tape on the outside corner. I still need to apply another coat of epoxy to completely wet it out.




Roof Deck Panels
Below is where I epoxied the 2 roof panels together. You use a butt joint, which is basically a piece of 1/4 inch plywood 2 1/2 inches wide. I used some weights to hold it down. 



Painting Lockers
Over the weekend, I was able to apply 2 coats of Interlux Brightside paint to the locker space. I figured it will be easier to paint before installing the seatbacks. I am also considering drilling the holes for the Gallows bars and installing the supports in the lockers. I got the pattern out and I am working on a temporary piece, so I can drill the holes in the correct space.  Below is a picture of the finished painting. I also plan on doing the drain hole for the locker. From looking at other blogs, I can put a hole in the bottom right hand corner next to the transom. I just need to figure out how to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment