Sunday, December 8, 2019

More Hardware Installs!

Continuing to slowly get tasks done.

Below are some pictures of some of the wooden pieces drying after 2 coats of epoxy.



I decided to cut a clothes hanger and use it to hang the small pieces. Worked pretty good.


If you don't recall, I added a 1/4 inch thick piece of plywood to the tabernacle to help with strengthening it. I finished up re-drilling the holes and put some fiberglass over one side. Below is a picture of one of the sides curing. I still need to do the other side. The temperatures in the garage have been in the mid 50's so I have been using work lights to help things cure.  Not an ideal time to do epoxy work.



After drilling some of the holes for the hardware and applying some epoxy to each on a couple different times, I installed the bolts for some of the hardware. I used 3m sealant applied to the bolts and bottom of the hardware. It is funny it actually took a lot of time to install 10 pieces. 





I found that the portholes that I have yet to install allowed me to reach in the opening to install the nuts and washers and tighten them up.  

We have been taking a lot of weekend trips lately, so work time has been limited. I am taking some time off for Christmas and should have more time to do more work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment