Saturday, July 18, 2020

Back issues and Painting

Unfortunately I pulled my back out and was out a few weeks with doing any boat building. After plenty of rest, I was able to get back to working on the boat. 

Below shows the rudder where I painted the blue strips and put a couple other coats of paint on the white areas. There was also a few areas on the boat where I had to touch up the blue, so I took care of that while I had the paint out. 


Below is a picture of the finished product. 


I also painted the tabernacle white and that took a few coats and different sessions to get all sides. 



After I finished the painting, I started to install the hardware. 


I decided to make my tabernacle removable. All the holes are drilled/filled/drilled and ready to attach it with bolts once I get it on the trailer. Still need to leave it off to get it out of the garage. 




A while back I purchased the non-skid pads and installed them in the bow area and and on top of the cabin. I just marked with blue tape where I wanted them to go and then just peeled and pressed down. Very easy!





Today I installed the Sail track on both the mast and gaff. I plan on installing more hardware tomorrow and possibly raise the sails! Getting close. I need to get some pictures of the boat, because I need to start the registration, which I know is going to be a pain!  

No comments:

Post a Comment