Friday, June 24, 2016

One Task at a time and Family time!

Building Tip: Building PocketShip is a lot of individual tasks that you must perform in order. When they say it is an estimated 600 hours to build, they really mean it. Now that I am into it, I can now realize that it will take a while. I have to make myself slow down. If I don't have enough time to complete a task, I am trying not to rush to get it completed, just to get it completed. I would rather it take much longer than build something that I am not proud of or the best quality work I can do.

You also need to keep the build and family time in check. So this weekend I am going away for our wedding anniversary. Planning on having some fun!! But instead of packing tonight, I decided to work on the boat!! :-)  I decided to glue the caps on the aft and bow of the keel. I mixed up a lot of thickened epoxy and made sure everything was coated completely. I then glued up things and applied a lot of clamps. I think things turned out ok.

I also put the keel onto 2 furniture dollies to be able to move it around. Now that I have 100 lbs of lead keel, it is pretty heavy.

Bow Keel cap glued and clamped. 

Aft keel all clamped up. I think I used every clamp I had.


Whole keel assembly on dollies.

No comments:

Post a Comment