Sunday, August 20, 2017

Seatback work and Upper Breasthook

I had to go out of town for work, so I was limited again with personal stuff and not boat building. But I was able to do some odds and ends this past week. I used a router to do the round over on the seat back flanges and that turned out pretty good. I applied two coats of epoxy and plan to do another one before installing.




I also used a router on the upper breasthook and installed it to the bow section. I used 2 bronze screws on both sides and filled with epoxy. 


I also installed the sheer clamps for the decking and cut them off flush with bulkhead #2. 

Sheer Clamps installed. I used 2 bronze 1 1/2 " drilled through the rear cabin bulkhead for support and per the manual. 

This is before I cut them off flush, but they were already glued up.  

I gave the seat back section supports and stringers another coat of epoxy to seal them up.  I should be ready to install the seat backs shortly. 




I also did a lot of sanding inside the cabin and in the bow area before installing the sheer clamps and breasthook. I figured it would be better to get some of this out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment