Saturday, October 29, 2016

Final Interior Glass installed!!

I installed the final pieces of fiberglass tape in the bow and put a few extra pieces of fiberglass tape in certain spots for extra strength. Below is a picture of the bow with a couple coats of epoxy. I just finished putting a coat on and other areas of the boat.

Bow Section with added glass tape and multiple coats of epoxy. 



I have been keeping a log of when I added coats of epoxy, since it has taken me a while. I have been doing a little at a time and it has taken me about a month to get everything done. Tonight I finished up the interior fiberglass and epoxy as outlined in the manual, but I think I am going to add some tape in some key areas, specifically on bulkheads 1 & 2 . Since I sometimes went days between coats, I had to did a light sanding with 120 grit. This has caused a little extra work, but I have also been able to keep some of the edges smoother. 

Record of epoxy coats. 




Section with additional coat of epoxy. 

Another section with additional coats of epoxy.

    Next up is probably start sanding some of the areas of the interior and start to work on the cleats and floor boards. I have been doing some research on what to finish the floor boards with. I have not made up my mind completely, but I am leaning towards Danish Oil. I also need to get my router table out that I borrowed from my dad and figure out how to work that.

2 comments:

  1. Big accomplishment completing the hull fiberglassing. But even more satisfifing when you finishing sanding all that work!
    Keep it move along Ron. This is a Super Boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, don't remind me of all the hours of sanding! I just started on the cleats last night and plan to start on the floor boards soon. Glad to not have to mix epoxy and play with fiberglass for a little while!

    ReplyDelete