Tuesday, October 11, 2016

More Fiberglassing

I had a couple sessions this past weekend and last night installing more fiberglass and putting the 2nd and 3rd coats on other areas that I previously did. It had been over 24 hours since I did some of them, so I did a light sanding with 120 grit. Just enough to scuff up the fiberglass/epoxy.  

Below is the fiberglass between floors 7 and 8. I first had to sand the larger fillet I made to fill in 2 screw holds. I think I did a pretty good job of getting the glass down and cutting darts to allow it to ride up floors and under the cleats. 


Port side between floors 7 & 8 before wetting out the glass with epoxy. 

Fiberglass wetted out. 

I also cut the glass for between floors 4&5. I then used it to cut the starboard side. I only wetted out the port, since I needed the board shown in the pitcher to lean on.  

Port side between 4&5. 


Port side wetted out.

I installed and wetted the starboard side (between floors 4&5) out last night and applied additional coats to the other areas. 

I am not sure I am going to continue with doing a pattern on one side and using it to cut the other. I am finding that handling the fiberglass too much causes it to start to come apart on the edges. I think I will just measure and then cut it to fit for each section. 




No comments:

Post a Comment