Wednesday, November 23, 2016

More Cleat work!

We decided to take a weekend getaway this past weekend, so didn't get any work done on the boat.
I was able to get some small items done last week. As you will find if you are building, there are a lot of small little projects, that really don't show a lot of progress, but are necessary. I usually try to work a couple hours multiple days of the week. I can usually get one or two small tasks completed in a session.
I also moved my epoxy inside and plan to use smaller containers instead of the 5 gallon containers that come with the epoxy kit. It is starting to get cold in Virginia. I will fill up smaller containers of resin and hardner that I can move inside, so they will stay warm. I have an old bucket that has a top that I plan to use to move back and forth into the garage.



Side footwells with multiple coats of epoxy.

Installing the cross cleats to support the deck. Also had to cut out the notches on bulkhead #8.  

Port side deck supports epoxied in place. Note the notch for the other cross support. 

Starboard deck support on Bulkhead #8. I would recommend cutting a little smaller. I had to use some chimes to hold it in place. 

Rear bottom footwell support on transom screwed and epoxied in place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment