Saturday, November 26, 2016

Floor boards too short!


I  had to add an extra floor cleat to support the floor boards.  I purchased the timber package, but my floor boards seem to be about 3/4" too short. Not sure how that happened, but I have decided to add another clear to bulkhead #8 to support the floor boards. I figured there would not be a lot of pressure back there from someone's weight and you really would not see it, since it will be out of the way.

I added a cleat to the front of the cleat that was already installed on bulkhead #8. This will allow me something to support the floor boards since they are too short. I have a work light to help the fillets cure since it is starting to drop in temperature in the garage.


Added cleat curing with work light.  

Today I spent some time sanding the interior in preparation for painting. I also used my dremel tool to open up the drain holes on the floor supports. I still have a lot more sanding to do, but decided to start on it and will probably do little at a time, so to not make it so tedious.

I started to sand the port side in preparation for painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment