Sunday, March 8, 2020

Varnish and Other Hardware

The last month has been a rough one fighting a bad cold, so not much working on the boat. I have tried to do some when feeling up to it, but only a little progress has been made.

I have been able to varnish some components on the boat. Below I have applied 4 coats of varnish on the companion way slide and a couple of small pieces like the tiller.



Below you can see where I taped off the rub-rail and also have applied 4 coats of varnish. I have had to wait for some warm days, which have been limited. In between the coats, I lightly sand with 320, vacuum and then wipe off with acetone and allowed to dry.


Today I also installed some deck plates on both port and starboard dorade box inside the cabin.  This will allow me to close or open for ventilation.


It should hopefully be warming up more soon, so I can complete things to get it on the trailer. I want to do a final paint coat in some places where it needs touching up, but it will need to be a lot warmer. Varnish low temperature is 50 degrees to apply, so I have been focusing on that and the hardware.

I also have been purchasing some electrical components and making a plan for those as well.

1 comment: