Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Spars and Hardware

Sorry for the delay in posting. Been a lot going on. I guess that is an understatement!  Me and the family are doing well as I hope everyone else is. Actually I have had a little more time in between the expanded honey-do list to work on the boat and haven't posted any updates. There is so many pictures you can take off coat 1, coat 2, coat 3 of epoxy.


 Drill-Fill-Drill
 I have been doing a lot of drilling out of the holes for the hardware, refilling with epoxy and then drilling out the final.  This has been a lot of measuring many times before drilling and also trying to rig up a means to use my small drill press and making sure the piece was level.

Below I am working on the BowSprit. This is the part that will be bolted to the tabernacle!


The picture below is the gaff where the gooseneck will attach and then slide up the tracks on the mast. There is also a tie down on the other end where I drilled and filled as well. 



The is the top of the mast where there are a lot of hardware to be installed. I have completed the drill-fill-drill and have set aside to epoxy and varnish later. I am running out of space to work.


With the limited amount of space, I can only work on a few pieces at a time. Below is the boom, gaff, boom gallows.



This past weekend, I was able to get the 2 coats of epoxy on the spars shown below. I plan on sanding these and then starting on applying the varnish. All the holes are drilled, except for the track holes and 1 or 2 pad eyes. 



I also installed on both the port and starboard the Harken Swivel/Cams for the Spinnaker Sail.  I haven't purchased that yet, but this will be a good place to tie a boat fender.  I am glad I wrote down the exact measurements of the blocking that is installed underneath. I would highly suggest doing this. I installed extra blocking to allow me about 16 inches. I installed it approximately in the middle.



I went ahead and purchased the Trailex Trailer from CLCboats, so I am getting real close to getting the boat out of the garage!!! I still have a lot to do, but knowing that makes me happy!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment