Friday, October 7, 2016

More Interior Fiberglassing

I got a couple sessions this week to work on the boat. I was able to get fiberglass laid between floors 6 and 7. I cut the fiberglass and made a pattern on the port side and then used that to cut out the starboard side. I got them both installed this week.

Port side fiberglass between floors 6&7.

Port side fiberglassing floors 6&7.


Starboard side fiberglassing floors 6&7.


The fiberglassing was not that bad. I took my time and used the hints from the last post to install it. I did try an idea I found to cut the brush to make it shorter. The shorter brush seems to work better for dabbing epoxy and pressing down on the glass. Below is a picture with some of the brush cut off.



 

I was going to install fiberglass between floors 7&8, but I noticed some holes that I didn't fill on the keelson.  They were where I temporarily used screws to hold the keelson to the keel assembly while the epoxy cured. I filled them with some thickened epoxy and basically made a larger fillet out of the two small ones. I will sand smooth and probably install glass over it tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment