Thursday, November 29, 2018

3rd Coat Brightside

This past weekend got up to the low 60’s on Sunday, so I put the 3rd coat of Brightside on. Before that I hand sanded with 320 grit and vacuumed and wiped down to get all the dust off.

Some other helpful hints and lessons I learned.
1) Never try to touch up anything once you have tipped things out. You will just make a big mess.
2) I used aluminum foil to line the paint tray! This makes it very easy to cleanup.


3) With the cooler temps (50-60s) it takes a good 4-5 hrs to dry to the touch, so be sure not to put your finger prints on your finish! I learned this on the 1st coat! Lol! Just sanded it out.


Below are pictures of the 3rd coat. I plan on touching up a couple places as soon as I can get some warmer temperatures, but for the most part I am done.





Next Steps:
Now that the temperatures are getting colder, I am going to start working on the spars, gallows pole and tiller.

Need to finish up my center board.  I have 1 more coat of epoxy I need to apply and then I will need to sand. I just got a stainless steel bolt to us to install it, but will need to get a friend to cut it for me.

As temperatures permit, I will work on the boot stripe. I also need to do the inside painting.

I have plenty of tasks to do to keep me busy over the winter.

3 comments:

  1. Looking really nice! Love the colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! How is your build coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's progressing slowly but surely, thanks. The resin takes a long while to cure in the cold UK weather, which makes it a lengthy process!

    ReplyDelete