Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Sanding and 2nd Coat of Brightside

Not a lot accomplished these past two weeks. Working a lot including weekends and went out of town last weekend. I did have a chance to sand the 1st coat of brightside and put the 2nd coat on.
I have set 60 degrees as my minimum outside temperature. With this, I can keep the inside of my garage warm enough. I also am allowing the paint to dry for many days, so I won't have any issues.

Below is where I scuff sanded the 1st coat with 320. I did this by hand just with the sand paper and no block. I found with using a block, I would remove too much paint.






Here are a couple pictures of the 2nd coat.









I plan on putting on a 3rd coat. Overall, I think the paint looks fine at a distance. Up close, I can see a lot of imperfections. From what I can see, most of it is where I had to patch the fiberglass. I did spend a lot of time sanding.  I would say it is a 5 ft. paint job. Looks good at 5 ft.!!  Maybe another coat of two will help to cover some things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment