Friday, December 30, 2016

Continued Floor Board work! Round over complete.

I have removed all the floor boards and ran them through my router to round over the edges. I also completed the floor board lift out section on the port side and drilled finger holes to pull them out. I had to buy a new set of drill bits for my small drill press. I didn't have anything the size of 1" or larger.

Lift out section completed. 

Epoxy curing on additional floor cleats I added to support the floor lift out sections. 

Floor boards already to be sanded and finished. Round over with router completed on all. 

Picked these up at a place call WoodCraft on sale. They have a local store in the area. 
I think I am going to install a lift out section towards the bow of the boat. I can see me dropping things or some water getting in there just from going in and out of the cabin.  

Next up is sanding the floor boards, applying Danish Oil and sanding interior of the hull in preparation for painting. I also need to put some coats of epoxy on the wood cleats. The task list is never ending, but still having fun!!!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment