Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Floor Boards Completed!

Out of town again on a trip, so didn't have anytime to work on the boat this past weekend. All the floorboards have 2 coats of Danish Oil on both sides and I installed them back in the boat last night. I still need a few screws and I just ordered them. In a few places you have very little floor supports to drill/screw the boards down. I am ordering #8 3/4 inch screws to use in a few areas along of the edges. I have some 3/4 screws but they use a straight screwdriver. The ones that came with the kit are frearsons bit and look like a philips head. I want everything to be the same. No one would notice, but I will! :-)

I also ordered some 14 gauge marine wire. I want to at least run wire for a running light/stern light and would like to get the wire installed before I cover up so much. I will post some pictures later on after I figure everything out.

Below are pictures of the floors installed. I now get to cover them up to protect them and move on to the next steps in the manual. I think they look very good. I do have a couple of the boards that have warped. They are not too noticeable, but I will figure something out.






The plans call for the cutouts to be from Floor 4 to Floor 6. I decided to extend them from Floor 4 to Bulkhead 7. This will give me more access to the bilge. I am still thinking about putting a bilge pump in as a means to get water out. Not really concerned, but I could leave the hatch open and it rain inside and I also read about another builder spilling water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment