Wednesday, April 19, 2017

1 Year has passed and assorted task!


1 Year and Counting
Well this month marks one year I have been working on the boat! So far it has been a great experience and yes I am still enjoying it! During the winter was some what demotivating. It was hard to figure out tasks and I was delayed some with the interior painting due to the temperature. Now that it is getting warmer, I will be able to pick up speed.

The website says estimated 600 hours. If I didn't have to work full time and had a large shop, that may be possible.  I went into this estimating 2 years to build. It may be longer, but like I said I am still having fun.


Assorted Tasks

Now that I have the floor boards completed minus a few screws, I am moving on to doing other things.

Below is a picture of the electrical conduit I ran. I picked it up at the hardware store and will be running electrical cable through it. I am mainly putting it there to protect the electrical wires since they would be open to damage in the bilge area.


Another shot. The conduit goes up to the bow area where the battery will be located.


Here is where I cut it off and will attach it under the cable conduit tray I built it is a little hard to see in the picture. In the stern of the boat, I have a hole in the floor for the cable to go through. I still need to figure out how to get it back in the far stern area, since it is supposed to be water tight.


Below is the cockpit decking. I had to trim it a little, but for the most part it fit pretty well. I marked underneath where the stringer supports will be so that I can install temporary screws when I epoxy the cockpit decking down. I plan on coating underneath with a layer of fiberglass for strength. They may be stronger later when things are all together, but they seem pretty flimsy at this point.




Below is where I put a second coat of epoxy on the footwell sole. It is on the bottom. I plan to do another coat as well as coat the 2 stringers. They are the longer stringers that go from bulkhead 7 forward to help support the decking. I will epoxy them in place when I have a few coats on them and prior to installing the decking.


No comments:

Post a Comment