Sunday, June 12, 2016

Its HOT!

It was supposed to get in the mid 90's today in Richmond, so I decided I didn't want to stand next to a propane burner and melt lead. It is supposed to cool down some next weekend, so I will shoot for that if the temperatures cooperates.  Instead I decided to clean up the floor supports and cut the excess cleats off. It took a while to clean up the epoxy drips. I try to clean it up as best I can when I clamp it up, but it is difficult getting to all of it, since the clamps are in the way.  I used the rotary sander and my block plane to get the epoxy blobs off.



I then attempted to put a coat of unthicken epoxy on the floor supports, but it was extremely hot in my garage and the epoxy started to heat up. The temperature was around 83 degrees, so I decided to quit until a later date. I think I am going to have to look at getting a portable Air Conditioner to bring the temperature down, otherwise I am going to have to wait for cools days. With June just starting, it will put a big damper on building! :(

I also epoxied the stringers on bulkheads 1 and 8. 




Here are the pieces drying from the 1 coat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment