Monday, February 6, 2017

Some painting, but not what you think!

I have not been very productive on the boat this past week, but I did do some painting! The wife wanted me to paint a few walls in the living room. So like every good boat builder should do, you need to keep the admiral happy! If the admiral is happy, then you will get more support on your project. Just a word of advise that helps me! 😀

So yesterday was boat building day after spending Saturday painting in the house.  I spent about 4-5 hours sanding! 95% of this was by hand crawling around checking every inch of the boat.! I could probably make a career sanding, but like other bloggers have quoted, enough is enough. I think I am there. For the most part, I did a good job and all of the highly visible surfaces are smooth. If I have issues, it is in the floor support area. It was difficult for me doing that area and keeping things smooth. So this coming week, I am going to tape off and paint the aft compartment first to see how things go.

I do have a little sanding to do where I filled some screw holes with thickened epoxy yesterday. These were screw holes to hold the cleats on the transom for the deck and cockpit area. Also I noticed late some of the cleats needed a little work. I also have a little sanding to do on the battery support fillets I recently did.

For paint, I have decided to use Interlux Pre-Kote and Interlux Brightside for the interior. The manual said you could use an oil-based paint from the hardware store, but I didn't see much when I last visited the store. I also want to see how the Pre-Kote takes care of any minor issues and to also get familiar with the product and application before doing the external surfaces that everyone will see.

The weather is supposed to be warm enough to paint a couple days this week with highs around 70 degrees and high 60's next Sunday.

I don't really have an pictures, so hopefully my next post, you will see a bunch of white paint!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment