Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Beaufort NC Wooden Boat Show

Not much building last week. My wife and I decided to go to the wooden boat show in Beaufort North Carolina. Well, I decided to go and was able to talk her into it. I went to the boat show and she shopped! We had a great time in one of our favorite towns. We have been vacationing there for the last few years and will be renting a place next September. There were a lot of nice boats to look at, but only one pocket cruiser like PocketShip. It was a Core Sound 17 Mark 3 by B&B Yacht Designs.  I was able to chat with the designer/owner Graham Byrnes a little bit and didn't realize who he was until I visited his website.  He was just taking out after a overnight cruise after the Boat Show. You can check out his designs at http://bandbyachtdesigns.com/.



The best in show went to a wooden Viking ship. Very nice detailed work. Check out the picture below. It was a lapstrake construction. The builder also incorporated a trolling motor in the rudder, but the coolest thing is the fire coming from the dragon's mouth. That was real !!!


I will be at home this week / weekend and plan to get some work done on the boat instead of playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment