Sunday, September 18, 2016

More Sanding of Fillets!


I spent about 2.5 hours yesterday and another 2-3 hours today sanding the fillets. Some have been quick to sand and others have taken some work. I did notice the port side fillets were easier and I remembered that I had climbed into the boat to do this side vs. trying to reach over into the boat to do the starboard side. I have a few more sessions of sanding to get things smooth enough to start the fiberglassing.  Where I could reach the fillets, I did a pretty good job. Where I had to reach over in all different positions, they were rough.

Starboard side fillets about 80% ready.

Port side fillets ready 95% ready for glass.

I didn't note the fillets 100%, because I still want to review them and possibly do some more sanding. Make sure  there are not any rough spots that I may have missed.

I did a pretty good job on the stern of the boat. Below is a view of bulkhead 8 to the transom. I also started to make a pattern to cut the glass.




The sanding is going slow, but I am being patient and working on it until I am completed and have it the ready for the glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment