Saturday, September 3, 2016

Hours of Misery!

On page 74 of the manual, John states about your fillet job. "If you weren't neat with your epoxy fillets, you're facing hours of this misery". Well I may be facing hours of misery with some of my work. I went to sand the bow section and it is definitely going to be a job. For one it is difficult to reach in that area and the fillets are sort of rough. I went out yesterday and bought a Dremel tool, so I am hoping that that will help. I will post how it does.

Today I decided to fillet some of the bulkheads where they contacted the bottom panels. I thought they were a little on the small size to what they should be. I also redid the fillet on the chine section on the port side. I wanted it again to be larger as well as to cover up some rough areas.

Below are some pictures.
Port side chine redone. 

Enlarging some of the floor fillets. 

Enlarging fillets on bulkhead #8. 

No comments:

Post a Comment