Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Sanding And Interior Paint shopping!

Yes, I am still sanding. I did another 4 hours last Saturday and finished up the bow section between  bulkheads 1 and 2. This area is tight to get into for my 230 lb frame, so I picked up some new tools to help. I think another 4-5 hours of sanding and I will call it done! Or at least I hope thats it.  Then time for a paint party.

Sunday I  decided to go out to West Marine and Lowes to look at paint. Lowes didn't have any oil based paint that looked  like it would  be appropriate for my application after seeing a lot online. Most of it was for metal. I plan to look at Home Depot this week. I may need to order online. It did start to purchase rollers, trays and paint supplies to start the interior painting soon!

West Marine is on the high side for the Interlux Paint, but I needed to pick up some Interlux 333 thinner for the Interlux Pre-Kote primer I bought. Still not 100% I am going to try it on the interior, but definitely will use on exterior. It all depends on what I find for oil based paint and primer at the other stores. I am not going to waste a lot of time and money riding all over town.

While I was shopping, I purchased the wand extension for my Dremel tool I bought earlier in the year. It is nice to get the epoxy smooth on the fillets and cleat areas. It's like using a pen with a small sanding wheel attached. You do need to be careful.  It can do some damage. Just minor nicks! :-)



I also found this small yellow sander that is about an inch wide. It works good for tight areas as well.
It came with 12 sheets of 120.


Monday night I put the 2nd coat of epoxy on the internal deck support cleats. Since it has been somewhat cold here, I have been using the tent method and work lights to help it cure. Hopefully it is cured by this weekend to finish the interior sanding.

I also started on some other small items the last couple of nights and will post them later this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment