Saturday, January 7, 2017

Winter Storm Day and a Good day to do some Sanding!


Well we got hit with a snow storm last night and today in Virginia. We got about 7-8 inches, so it was not a lot to do outside. With the bad weather and low temperatures, it was all I could do to keep the temperature in the garage at 50 degrees. 

So with that in mind, I decided to sand the interior. I still have a lot of sanding to do before I can start painting. I have gone over the interior with 80 grit and I spent today on the port side using 120. I made a lot of progress in the 3 hours I spent sanding. I still need to figure out a better means to sand the fillets in the floor board sections. They are somewhat rough and it is hard to get any tool in the area to make them smooth. I have a detailed sander, but the space if very tight. I know there is a lot of sanding to do and I will keep at it until I figure it out. 

I have read other blogs about doing what they thought was more sanding than necessary. I may do some test areas with some of the primer paint to see what it covers. The primer may cover up the problem areas I am thinking I have. 



No comments:

Post a Comment