Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Some work on battery platform and Went on a trip!

Didn't have a chance to work on the boat this past weekend. We took a trip out of town to a Bed and Breakfast and took my parents. Had a very enjoyable time. I did manage to do a few small tasks after work on a couple days.

Working on the Battery Platform:
  • I cut some cleats and did a round over on the edges on the router table.  The cleats will be used to hold the battery box on the platform I built.
  • I then cut them into small lengths using the bandsaw. 
  • I epoxied them and they are curing under a light. 
  • Once they cure, I plan to fiberglass the opposite side to provide some additional strength. 




Above I am laying out the parts to make sure the battery box fits. The places where I cut the notches in the middle of the board will allow the strap that came with the box to go around the wood and hold the box in place. The pieces of wood will hold it from slipping off. The top part of the picture will go against bulkhead #2. The added space will allow the power cables to come out of the box and go up the conduit box I built to the back of the electrical panel. I am still looking at the electrical panels and 12 volt outlets online and will be ordering the parts soon. 



You can see the round-over on the top that I did on the router table. Just for looks.

Glued up with epoxy and curing under the light. 


This coming up weekend is supposed to be nice. Not sure if I can paint Saturday. The high is only calling for 50 degrees. Sunday is supposed to be in the 60's, so I should be able to apply the 2nd interior coat.  I ordered some 320 grit paper to sand the 1st coat. Hopefully it will be here by Saturday. If not, I will finish sanding on the floor boards and put a coat of Danish Oil on. 
I have plenty of options to keep me busy!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment