Tuesday, August 16, 2016

First Fillets

I did a few fillets in the transom / bulkhead 8 area this evening and I think they turned out pretty good for my first attempt. With more practice, which I will definitely get, they should get better. If I have one area of improvement, I think it will be to make sure I apply enough epoxy. It is easier to scrape off some with the epoxy tool vs. trying to add and make mud pies.

I didn't have a lot of time to work on them, but I mixed 2 batches and applied them.  Last night I did a lot of the prep work. I took the opportunity to vacuum out the area and used some painters tape to tape around where I was going to apply the fillets. I am not sure I will need this moving ahead. I think if I can get the right fillet mixture that I can keep from getting epoxy all over the place. I have seen this procedures on other blogs and thought it was a good idea. I will just decide as I go.  Last night I also mixed up some 90/10 wood floor/cabosil, so that it was available to mix in the fillet mixtures. I also had my epoxy tools and putty knifes ready once I applied the epoxy from the epoxy bags.

Couple pictures of taping out the fillet areas to keep things clean.






Couple pictures of the fillets. 




No comments:

Post a Comment