Sunday, August 28, 2016

Yes! More fillets!

Did I tell you I like doing fillets?  It is hard to believe I  bought a box of 50 pastry bags and I am about out. I will be ordering another box later today. There is a lot of fillets in PocketShip and you will become very familiar with them! I did a 4 hour session yesterday and a 3 hour one today. Today I worked in the area between bulkhead #1 and #2. I am finishing them up and will hopefully be done this week and can start sanding in preparation for the fiberglassing soon. I already know I will probably be doing some of them over, meaning putting a larger fillet over some of the rough ones. I also want to make sure some of them are larger to offer more strength.

I also replaced the pump on the hardener. It was getting very hard to push. I think I will replace the one on the resin next session as well.  I was wondering why my biceps were hurting one day after working on the boat and I just realized it is because of the pump and being hard to push.

Below are pictures of the fillets in bulkhead #1 and #2.




No comments:

Post a Comment