Monday, August 1, 2016

It looks like a Boat!

I have read a lot of other blogs and this is definitely a moment to remember in the build. I was stitching the panels together last night and my wife came out in the garage. She hasn't said too much about the build. I normally get the look as she walks through of what are you doing? , but she says nothing negative. I know she probably thinks I am crazy, but I know she supports what I am doing which is great to have. When she walked out she said "It looks like a boat", which made me very happy. You spend a lot of time building "parts" with no real results other than "hey, I finished that part".

Attaching the side panels

Below are some pictures of the side panels stitched in. If you notice the rags hanging on the boat, I hang them there because there is not a lot of room to walk by and I don't want the cables to catch on clothing or even worse my hand or arm.






Transom 

After getting the side panels attached, I worked on the transom. I didn't do a very good job of cutting the angle. I followed the instructions, but didn't get the angle that I needed. I tried to resolve, but I didn't want to keep taking wood of with my block plane. I decided it was good enough and I will fill the small gap with epoxy. The transom will be coated with fiberglass, so everything will be fine.



Clean up and more stitching

I cleaned up the garage and made room, so I can walk all the way around the boat. I have it blocked up some, so it will not roll and to level it. I managed to get bulkhead #2 stitched in as well as some of the smaller floor supports. I had to stop to attend to yard work.




I have a few more bulkheads to stitch in. #7, #8 and some of the smaller ones. I also have to work on the bow. I still need to get things lined up correctly and all the joints pulled tight, so there is no spaces. I will be working on these this week in hopes of starting to tack weld next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment