Thursday, August 18, 2016

Good idea, bad execution!

Well the blue tape was a good idea, but the over runs dried before I could pull it up. I had to cut some of it out and this made some rough edges and more work. I am not making too big of a mess with the pastry bags, so I think I will continue without the tape. My recipe for epoxy fillets is working pretty good. I and getting a consistent mix, so it is not dripping all over the place.

I used some denatured alcohol tonight for the first time and it helps to smooth the fillets.  The biggest problem is knowing when to use it. The fillets are drying very quickly. Basically in about 30 minutes. Just something I need to be aware of with managing my time and plan for.

I finished up bulkhead 8 area tonight, but I think I will add some more fillets over the existing ones in a couple areas to smooth out some rough spots. It took about 5 mixes to complete.  On the bottom panel / keelson joint, I made one wide fillet. Don't ask me why, it just happened. :-). I  think I just added too much epoxy without thinking, so once I started, I had to finish it. No harm done.

Here are a couple of pictures from last nights work. I use the newspaper to lay tools on that may be covered in epoxy. Helps with the cleanup.



No comments:

Post a Comment