Saturday, August 20, 2016

Removing Cables and more Fillets!

I spent a good 5 plus hours today working on the boat, but visually there is not a whole lot to show. I spent the first part removing all the cables. That look about 2 hours to remove what I removed. I left the bow area ties in until I am ready to do the fillets in that area. I had to use the heat gun to remove some of the ties that were embedded in epoxy.

bucket full of used cables

I also cut out a portion of bulkhead #7 on both sides, to allow room to do the fillets down the side of the boat. I left enough of them to help protect. 



I mixed up about 7 batches of epoxy and did the fillets in the bulkhead #7 to #8 area as well as some of #6. I find it very difficult to reach into the boat to do the fillets, but doing the best that I can. It is also hard to fillet around floor supports.  I am definitely going to have to do some sanding on the fillets once they cured. Not a huge deal, just more work! 


Below is the finished work. As soon as it cured I will start to do some sanding. I am also looking to get a new detailed sander. I will probably be going to the big box store next week to purchase one. 









3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the journey. I am building one right now and hope to launch this Oct. I have posted two videos to YouTube you might find interesting??
    "Pocketship Perfecto Part 1 & 2. Let me know what you think⛵️��✅

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott, thanks for stopping by. I have seen you videos and have watched a couple times. I can only strive to have the woodworking skills that you have. The boat looks great. I like your glass hatches and the wine holders. Nice touch! Post some videos of you launch! I am enjoying the journey. It is nice to talk to other builders. Are you a member of the PocketShip forum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the complements. I have to change my password on the form and haven't gotten around to it. Keep up the good work, this is an aggressive building project. I will be following your progress. Thanks, Scott.

    ReplyDelete