Monday, May 9, 2016

Aft Keel Blocking

     Had to work and then family obligations yesterday with Mother's Day, so I only had a couple hours Sunday night to work. Making slow but sure progress. I was able to glue the back rear blocking for the keel. With all the stories about issues with keeping the keel straight, I have a been a little anxious about doing this part. But with anything, how much can I mess it up???,  so I proceeded to glue.
     I did use shims under the rear to adjust for the taper of the lower blocking. I just saved the parts I cut off and put them underneath to raise it up that amount. You can't seem them, but picture a long wedge about 2.5 ft. long. I think it turned out ok, but I will not know until I get everything glued together.

     I did find a good use for my free weights! :-) Otherwise they have been collecting a lot of dust.



No comments:

Post a Comment