Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Keel and Centerboard trunk glued, but now a curve!

I had to go out of town to an event, so I was not able to work on the boat this past weekend. I did manage to take a 1/2 day off before going and glued up the complete keel and centerboard. I did my best to make sure I was careful to shim the back of the keel up with the pieces I cut off from the lower long blocking. When I unclamped things, I seem to have a little curve to the keel. One side is straight back and the other is a little curved. When I did a dry fit of the keelson, it is off about 1/2 inch in the rear. I think it is due to using a 8 foot plastic work table that sagged in the middle. Probably should have used my temporary saw horse bench I originally built.

I called my good friends at CLC and they assured me it can be fixed and gave me suggestions. I will be trying that this week and will post what I did. I did some measurements last night, started to build a little jig to re-glue things and have a positive outlook that everything will be fine. At least that's the story I am sticking with now. 😀

Will post the outcome and  pictures later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment