Friday, May 20, 2016

Keel curve fix?


Here are some pictures of the the keel fix. Notice the curve right after the centerboard trunk.



I didn't want to do it, but I had to cut the entire length of the keel block in half. It was hard to do, but I don't want a curved keel.



Here is the keel ready to be reglued. Notice the nails I used to line things up. I forced the keel to where I wanted it to be and then clamped it. I then drilled holes through and inserted nails. This allowed me to get it where it was supposed to be and I only needed to apply glue and squeeze it shut. That way I knew it would align up right and I would not have to fight with it after applying the glue.



All glued up and clamped.  It is sitting on 2x4's with plastic, so I could sit it upright and still get the clamps under the keel. So hopefully this weekend when I remove things I will have a straight keel.



No comments:

Post a Comment