Friday, May 27, 2016

Cleaning up Centerboard and Sanding Keel Assembly.




Not a lot to show. I removed the clamps from the centerboard and keel assembly. I then spent some time today sanding both and cleaning up some of the epoxy squeeze out. Where the lead is supposed to go in the centerboard had a lot of epoxy, so I used my heat gun and scrapped as much as I could. I also took the time to fill up the holes with epoxy that I will drill out at a later date.


Centerboard sanded with 80 grit. Getting ready for lead pour.  
Filling up the centerboard holes with epoxy hardened with cab-o-sil. 

Cleaning up the epoxy squeeze in the centerboard.


I used my belt sander to clean up the big globs. You need to be careful with a belt sander. It will take more off more than you think!  No trouble done, but something to be aware of. 



We are supposed to go out of town on vacation this weekend, but they are calling for a tropical storm possibly???  We may delay the trip a day or two, but if so I will try to work on things. Next up is taking the router and doing the 1/2 on the edges of the keel assembly.  I am going to try to do as much as possible before we leave for the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment