Sunday, May 22, 2016

Its straight now!! and Centerboard glued up.

Yesterday I unclamped the keel assembly and everything looks to be straight. As noted in my previous post, it was very unnerving cutting something you have worked on for weeks. In the end I am getting back on schedule. Next steps is to put glue in all the holes I created to align things. I ordered some syringes to help with that and they should be here early next week. I am going to let the epoxy cure for a few days before sanding and using the router to do the edges.

Picture below shows keelson is straight with keel.



I also took time to glue up the centerboard. This took two batches of epoxy with cabosil to glue things up. I made sure I coated both sides of the centerboards with plenty of epoxy. I used an olde trowel I had to laying mud for tiles. That helped to even out things. I used a brush to get around all the edges. As the manual says, you will need a lot of clamps. I used every one I had. May need to pick up more at Home Depot today for future use.



No comments:

Post a Comment