Thursday, July 28, 2016

Bottom Panels and Bow Stitching


Bottom Panels

I spent the last two nights stitching and restitching the two bottom panels to the keel. It took me a little while, since I had to lay down to tighten the cables. I broke a few, but would just get another one. When I say restitching, I did remove a lot of the copper cables and replaced them with steel, because I kept breaking them and could not get them tight enough.








The above pictures show the bottom panels stitched in and bulkhead #4 stitched in as well. The holes did not line up with the cradle for bulkhead #4,  so I just drilled a couple new holes so I could stitch everything to the cradle. I spent a lot of time trying to line everything up and make things look good. I have a level you can see in the picture and I also measured from the bow to each end of the stern and it was right on. I like it when a plan comes together.


The Bow

The bow was interesting. The bottom panels kept slipping over each other when I tightened things up, so I removed the cables and took my plane and took off the edge about 15 inches on each side. This gave them more of a square edge where they connected. Seemed to do the trick.

It also took a while to pull things together. I did some last night and left about 2-3 inches from bringing it all the way. Tonight I finished pulling it all together. I also added another set of holes in the bow area to help leverage getting it together.

Below are some pictures of the bow.




Last night almost together.



All stitched together. 







No comments:

Post a Comment