Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Other side panel turned out ok!

I glued the other side panel and that turned out good. What I did prior to glueing was take a small piece of sand paper and sanded all the little puzzle fingers. I then dry fitted the puzzle until it went together good. I mixed up some thickened epoxy with cabosil, thoroughly coated the joint and clamped it to the table with a flat board and then used free weights to lay on top for pressure.

Here are some pictures. Looks like the other side panels, but I definitely didn't have to sand as much due to the fingers lining up better.

On another note, I did post on the PocketShip.net site and got a response back that I should be ok since I am going to fiber glass both sides. Any unevenness, I will use fairing material. There is a lot of knowledgeable builders with good advice. I am not shy about asking questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment