Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Glueing Topside Panel Puzzle Joints

I finished up side panel #2 today by cutting off the excess fiberglass and taking a plane to the edges so  I will not cut myself. I have it set aside so it can cure for a few days. With the weather and temperatures we are having it should be fully cured in about 3-4 days. I will be sanding both side panels this weekend.

I glued up both topside panels this evening with thickened epoxy and cabosil. But before mixing up the glue I took time to sand the puzzle fingers a little and dry fit it a couple times to make sure it would go together fine. Everything looked to turn out fine. Below is a picture.


I have been making good progress this week. Getting things done despite the heat. Looks like no relief, so I will just continue to do one task at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment