Sunday, July 24, 2016

Glued Keelson to Keel Assembly

Today I glued the keelson to the keel assembly. I did a combination of drywall screws and clamps to hold it in place. I will remove the drywall screws once everything is cured. I think everything turned out good. Today was the first time I used a pastry bag. It worked pretty good. I need to thicken the epoxy a little more next time and I might use a small piece of wood to hold the epoxy  from coming back the other way when I squeeze it.  But for the first time using the pastry bag, it was actually pretty easy. I purchased them on Amazon, but I see now that CLCBoats is also starting to sell them.


Keelson and Keel all glued up. 

Bow section of assembly.
In the above pictures you can see the keelson glued to the keel. I used a rag on the front of the keelson to hold it down, but it was not enough weight, so I used a welding glove, which was a little heavier. 


Moving Keel Around
Before today, I needed a way to move the keel assembly around and also to protect it. For right many weeks, I have had it sitting on 2 furniture dollies. You can also see the cardboard cap I taped up to protect the nose block from me moving it around and possibly running into something. I also purchased 2 more dollies today and plan on using them to put the cradle on. 






No comments:

Post a Comment