Thursday, July 7, 2016

Fiberglassing Side Panel 1

I started to fiberglass 1 of the side panels tonight. Everything went fine. I had to mix up right much epoxy to coat the 16 ft. long panel. I used a foam roller to put it on.

Before starting, I brought the fiberglass inside and rolled it out on the floor. I don't have much clean space in my garage. Since the side panel is only about 25 inches at it's widest, I went ahead and cut the fiberglass somewhat in half. I will use the other half to do one of the topside panels. I used a cardboard roll that I cut up to roll it up until I need it. Picture a long toilet paper roll. ;-)  I didn't want to fold it due to a seam I had when doing the centerboard trunk.




Below is the side panel with 1 coat. I will put the other 2 coats on this weekend. With 90 degree weather, they will be curing pretty quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment