Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sanding, Epoxy and Bulkhead #7

I got a lot done this morning before it gets too hot. To start, I decided to do some sanding on Bulkhead #2 and Bulkhead #7.  I have been waiting for them to cure completely before I could do any work on them. For Bulkhead #7, there was no electrical hole, so I drilled that and put some more additional epoxy on the piece.


Bulkhead #7 with new electrical hole. 


Side Panel Sanding

Since space is limited to work on the long side panels, I decided to sand one of the side panels before using the table to put another coat on the Topside Panels.  Below is a picture of the finished product.
I used my orbital sander with 120 grit sandpaper and a hand sanding block with 120 to work on any specific areas. I think it turned out great. I have a spray bottle with just water that I will mist pieces and wipe the dust off.


Topside Panel Epoxying
After I finished the Side Panel, I then wiped off the topside panels and then applied the 2nd coat of epoxy. I have the 3rd coat that I will probably do tomorrow evening after work. Below are the panels all wetted out.





No comments:

Post a Comment